There are many reasons why Burnsview students may want to do volunteer hours. These include:
- Graduation Transitions – students are required to have 30 volunteer or paid work hours for graduation.
- Work Experience – course credit for elective courses Work Experience 12A and 12B require 90 hours per course.
- Burnsview Service Award – students can achieve a service award (bronze, silver, gold or platinum) for completing volunteer hours for school events, clubs, athletics and more.
- Course Credit – various courses in the school require volunteer hours (e.g., Leadership)
- Scholarship Applications – many scholarship applications include sections for volunteer and community service.
For more information, parents and students can contact individual staff members responsible for the various programs. There is a volunteer information board located in our school library.